Undervolting In Vista
Search · New topic · Post Reply
close move delete merge
to favorites print search email
tridentnyc: Undervolting In Vista
tridentnyc

posted March 06, 2007 10:00 PMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

Hi-

I'm brand new to this forum, but not to the great Rightmark CPU utlility. I have a situation which I hope I can find some help with.

I have a Compaq Presario V2000Z laptop with a single core Turion ML-37 2 ghz processor. Last year I installed the RightMark CPU utility with great results. Last week I installed Windows Vista Home Premium and now I can't seem to get the utility to work. I have installed the new beta vesion 2.2 after having no luck with the previous release.

One issue I am running into is the GUI is a bit different than my last version and I'm a little confused as to where I make the adjustments to the VID/FID. Am I suppossed to make these adjustments in the "Management Tab" or in the "Profiles" tab? if it's the Profiles tab, do the adjustments need to be made in the "Power On Demand" section? Also, I believe I need to check the "throttling" check box but I can't as it is greyed out. So sufice it to say..I'm a bit confused.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here or is it just a case of the utility not being compatible with all CPU and Vista configurations? I have searched the forum, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to my particular setup. I really love this utility and would hope to get it running again, as my laptop is running very hot again and the fan is constantly running again as well.

Can someone please set me straight, I would greatly appreciate it! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks so much.

Rob

aggiebroz

posted March 07, 2007 03:59 AMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

I can't help with the vista part but i can tell you how to use the new GUI.

on the main profiles page you will need to select the FID's that you would like rmclock to be able to use in the profiles, and also set the VID corresponding to each FID. then on each profile page you need to check "use p-state transition" and then check the FID's that you want to use for that particular profile. then set rmclock to use whichever profile you want.

btw, the FID and VID selection on the management page is for the default setting that rmclock can go to when set to no management or when rmclock is exited

Dmitri Besedin

posted March 07, 2007 01:17 PMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

aggiebroz
btw, the FID and VID selection on the management page is for the default setting that rmclock can go to when set to no management or when rmclock is exited

Yep, that's right. And I was pretty sure I stated their purpose clear enough. Was I wrong?

tridentnyc

posted March 07, 2007 08:10 PMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

Thanks Aggie..will give it a shot. BTW, are there users having success with RM Clock in Vista. I know it's not fully supported, just curious whether it is stable and functioning on any Vista setups?

Thanks again.

Rob

maat

posted March 08, 2007 01:04 AMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

Are you using the 64 bit version of Vista?

concerning the question about vista compatibility. I'm running it on vista right now

tridentnyc

posted March 08, 2007 05:16 PMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

Maat,

No I'm currently using the 32 bit version, but I do have the 64 bit dvd and will install after more drivers become available. Am I to assume you're running 32 bit? Also, do I need to check the "throttling" box in order to do the VID adjustments. I am still a little unclear as to how I make these adjustments anywhere other than in the "Management" tab. This pull down is the only field I seem to have any control over. In the "Profiles" setting (Power On Demand) I can't seem to adjust anything.

Can you tell me what I'm missing here. While the last two posts from Aggiebroz and Dmitri were helpful I still am confused to the exact process of where I make these adjustments. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Rob

maat

posted March 08, 2007 06:58 PMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

Yep, I'm using Vista 32-bit.

Try clicking on "Profiles" (not one of its submenus). Can you select anything on that page?

Dmitri Besedin

posted March 10, 2007 08:10 PMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

tridentnyc
Also, do I need to check the "throttling" box in order to do the VID adjustments.

No, you don't. Moreover, you won't be able to use it as it is a feature of Intel CPUs.

I am still a little unclear as to how I make these adjustments anywhere other than in the "Management" tab.

The main adjustments to the P-State VIDs are made at the "Profiles" page - there's a VID selector available below the "Main CPU performance states table". You first need to select a P-state you want to modify in this table and then adjust its VID. If you have "Auto-adjust intermediate states VIDs" enabled, the only editable VIDs are for the first and the last P-state - all remaining ones are filled automatically.

Your reply:

Name, password, icon:    without smilies

Search · New topic · Post Reply
close move delete merge
to favorites print search email
Hop to:  

www.RightMark.orgRightMark Audio Analyzer (RMAA)D3D RightMark (D3D RM)CPU RightMark (CPU RM)

Copyright rightmark.org, 2001-2004
Development and technical support: MN, © 2000-2003