Profile · Register · Preferences · FAQ · Search · Favorites · Last active topics
RightMark Forums » RightMark Audio Analyzer »
M-Audio Fast Track Pro (Page 1)
Search · New topic · Post Reply

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · next  (print, search)
close · move · delete · merge
to favorites · print · search · email
antomas: M-Audio Fast Track Pro
antomas

posted October 26, 2005 01:43 AMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

Hi everybody!
Anyone tested the M-Audio Fast Track Pro?
Thanks very much to anyone willing to answer,
Massimo

cornholiolio
unregistered
posted January 05, 2006 02:13 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

I have. just got it. the asio didn't work out of the box or with the drivers from the website (jan3, 2006), but everything else seems really nice.

cornholiolio
unregistered
posted January 05, 2006 02:18 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

more info...
I sent an email to maudio's tech support about this ASIO issue. been waiting for 24 hours now.

It's pretty rude to release a device without a feature they advertise.
To their credit, there is an ASIO .dll in the maudio directory, however, none of the ASIO info from the .inf file made it into the windows registry, and no maudio ASIO names show up in my ASIO lists... ASIO4ALL of course does show up, so I know I'm viewing them correctly.

Anyway, the directsound driver is nice. The quality is very nice. I was dissapointed that the input was not 4 inputs, some reason I thought the inserts on the back would be 3 and 4 - nope. The phantom power inputs on the front double as TRS/TS phone plug inputs. which means you have to unplug the wire to use the other one... duh.. who wants to do that. anyway, it's a quiality unit for what it does and how cheap it is. signal light, clip light. gains for ins and outs. it's all very pro.

now if they'd get ASIO working in the next driver release! this will be cool...

cornholiolio
unregistered
posted January 05, 2006 02:23 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

note, if you have a laptop, this is a good box, bus powered, etc...

though if you have midi already on your lappy, then I'd get the Echo Indigo IO, very cool card, better quality and features audio-wise than the fasttrack. of course it has barely any hardware UI (only a volume knob)... 24bit/96khz >109db dynamicrange, 1-2ms latency on my AMD64 lappy.... awsome.

These two devices, for me, are the way to get audio into the computer for cheap.
There's probably some PCI solutions as well, but I wanted something flexible to easily move to other systems.

cornholiolio
unregistered
posted January 05, 2006 02:36 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

Latency: I got down to about 11ms output latency using ASIO4ALL (512 buffersize), and about 16ms using directsound. on a pentium 2.26Ghz.

I didn't try any effects processing since the latency was so large. I hope to try this when m-audio gets the ASIO working.

cornholiolio
unregistered
posted January 05, 2006 02:37 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

last post was about the fasttrackpro. not the indigo... sorry if that wasn't clear.

cornholioio
unregistered
posted January 06, 2006 06:16 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

Ok, I seemed to fix the ASIO problem. I installed a previous driver 5.10.0.3517 that appears to be a FastTrackUSB rework, then uninstalled it, then installed the new one for the Pro 5.10.00.5064). ASIO for the pro now shows up in the registry and (more importantly) in the audio list for all my software. I also dicked with the settings...

Apparently you only get 24bit/96khz if you disable all the IO except for the output 1/2 channel. No input.... Man, why couldn't these guys just use USB2.0 ? I mean, 1.1 is so dead and old, and obviously no one wants a 1.1 USB sound device....

One other problem that seems to have fixed itself now is that previous the ctrl panel said "not connected". Now it says "connected". Also the Audio list in my software used to only have the WDM "FastTrackPro" driver. Now it has three devices: "FastTrackPro Output 1/2" "FastTrackPro 3/4" and "Maudio USB ASIO"

I'm now running at the minimum latency allowed by the card, 1ms (128 samples) in 24bit/96khz mode... If you need to run in 44100 though (some VSTs need it), then you'll have 2ms latency.

Ok, so the fasttrackpro is nice, but it isn't killer. If you could run the inputs at the same time as the outs at full quality, then I'd consider this a great value.
Beware the out of box experience on this one too. But at least you can probably coax the device into working with ASIO... :)

good luck.

cornholioio
unregistered
posted January 06, 2006 06:19 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

clarification: when I said "not connected" in the last post, I meant the sound was working, WDM driver showed up in my music software, but ASIO didn't show, and the ctrl panel said "not connected" and didn't have the version numbers showing for the device in the About box. Seems the driver was "confused" to put it in a technical term... :beer:

cornholioio
unregistered
posted January 06, 2006 06:40 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

wow. in the last hour, I got two system hangs (music software running at 100%) and one blue screen due to USBPORT.sys

This device may not be ready for production use. BEWARE!

cornholioio
unregistered
posted January 06, 2006 06:41 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

(note, the music software running at 100% was unrecoverable using taskmanager to try to kill it. I had to reboot using the reset switch).

somebody
unregistered
posted January 07, 2006 01:36 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

Have you trier if USB-ASIO driver made for Audiophile USB works with this device? http://www.usb-audio.com

cornholiolio
unregistered
posted January 12, 2006 08:23 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

I have not tried it... I'll check it out...:shuffle:

antomas

posted January 14, 2006 12:22 AMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

Hi cornholiolio,
thanks very very much for your very interesting report.
Any further progress with your installation?

Ciao, Massimo

Nirvana
unregistered
posted January 17, 2006 12:17 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

Same problems for me with Fast Track Pro... the Control Panel reports me the "not connected" error and i don't get any ASIO driver for the device in Cubase and other programs... does anyone have solved the problem?

hola
unregistered
posted January 24, 2006 09:02 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

:gigi:

latino
unregistered
posted January 28, 2006 05:15 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

Go and get the new driver from m-audio homepage!
I have the m-audio fast track pro for about 2 weeks and have no problems. It works well. The Qualitiy S/N of Edirols ua-25 is a little bit better, but i have no other problems.

Grettings
Latino (Germany);)

Isaac
unregistered
posted February 06, 2006 01:43 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

Hi there! Ibought a Fast Track few days ago and i havent received yet. I have few questions, i hope anyone can answer please.
1.- Can I use a Dynamic mic in the line input? (i have a cheap Sony mic)
2.- Can I use condenser mic that requires phantom power conected to the xlr input?

What i mean is if it works well.

Thanks in advance
Isaac

curtis
unregistered
posted February 06, 2006 08:10 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

I have the same questions as you, Isaac. I just received my Fast Track and connected it
to a condenser mic, but it doesnt seem to work. Does it need power or something?

Thanks guys,
Curtis

Isaac
unregistered
posted February 08, 2006 12:46 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

[b]curtis[/b]
what mic you bought? Im tryin to get a Samson C01. Or a Shure SM 58.
I dont know if they will work.
Read about phantom power.

Brunny

posted February 08, 2006 01:07 AMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

Hi guys,

Just bought the Fast Track Pro. Are there ASIO drivers for this device that are compatible with XP SP1?

I'm not able to get SP2 on my computer (as it is a work computer), does anyone know of any drivers which I can use that will enable outputs 3 & 4 in Traktor?

At the moment I'm using my normal soundcard for cueing and the Fast Track Pro for output (therefore only using 2 of the outputs). I don't know how I'm supposed to get outputs 3 and 4 working with XP SP1....

Any help would be appreciated.

paolo
unregistered
posted February 11, 2006 03:25 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

xxx

paolo
unregistered
posted February 11, 2006 03:27 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

Oups, sorry for the previous one.

Nirvana, did you manage to solve the problem? I have exactly the same one: latest drivers, all installed properly but "not connected" in the control panel

curtis
unregistered
posted February 14, 2006 06:42 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

Isaac,
I'm using a CAD GXL2400 but it never reads a microphone. The mic needs phantom, but I don't think that the Fastrack provides it. I know that the Fast Track pro does, though.

Thanks,
Curtis

Big Ron
unregistered
posted February 16, 2006 05:48 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

bob here.

Big Ron
unregistered
posted February 16, 2006 05:50 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

I'm thinking of getting the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, but my PC doesn't have a soundcard, do I need a soundcard for the M-Audio Fast Track Pro to work on my PC for recording?

Bjorkman
unregistered
posted February 19, 2006 02:10 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

[q][b]Big Ron[/b]:
I'm thinking of getting the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, but my PC doesn't have a soundcard, do I need a soundcard for the M-Audio Fast Track Pro to work on my PC for recording?[/q]

No, you don't. Fast Track Pro is a stand alone soundcard, only it is an external one connected via USB.

I have owned one for about 2 weeks and have experienced similar problems as other users of this forum. The Fast track pro control panel comes up with "not connected" messages, and it would require a lot of power resets to behave properly. I reinstalled the drivers (5.10.00.5064) with no success. Then I tried to disable my motherboards on-board Realtek sound module in the device manager. This helped me. The connection trouble has been away for 2 days now. Great device with a good SW bundle (GT Player Express and Ableton Live Llite).

Nirvana
unregistered
posted March 02, 2006 02:56 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

Hi Paolo,

yes i've solved the problem using Bjorkman suggestion... i disabled the Realtek sound module in the device manager, and now there's no "not connected" problem anyomore...

Thx Bjorkman

tsani
unregistered
posted March 02, 2006 03:16 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

Hi every one,
i want to buy this sound card, but i have a Toshiba Satellite A75 laptop. Does anyone know if Fast Track Pro works with this laptop, because i have problems with using my laptop with the Mackie Onyx FireWire card and i wonder what to do, but i can't sell the laptop. i just bought it and it is a very good one. I wonder if anyone can help me. i will use the USB card mainly for midi and using my VST instruments
Thank you

Juan
unregistered
posted March 06, 2006 04:48 PMeditreply w/quoteIP

Hi everybody. I have been looking for the Fast Track Pro since September 2005. Finally i got it after i heard that the release date of this product has been delayed because some "technical problems". I can say, it works fine, at least using Reason 3, everything works, i can see the ASIO option in the driver selection fold-down window, and it works, latency is about 8ms or so, ok. But the SPDI/F output sounds like weird noises al the time, i suppose that sample rate or bit depth are different to my monitoring inputs, so everytime i try to configure the panel, like some others here, i got the "One of the devices attached isn´t working" or something, and says that the device is not connected. There´s no new driver in M-Audio Website, neither support (i already sent the technical support form). If anyone knows any kind of dirty trick, prayer, registry tune-up or something, it will be very nice.

I´m just noticing the tip from "Bjorkman" who recommends disabling Realtek built in audio, i also have it enabled.....

If there´s any luck with these, i will post it.

Please feel free to ask anything you want from me regarding this card, performace issues, etc.

Juan
Venezuela:up:

Jim Y

posted March 09, 2006 08:45 PMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

There's a driver version 5064V2 new at M-audio's driver download page. Might help.

SounGenius

Web-page
posted March 10, 2006 04:17 AMprofileeditreply w/quoteIP

Hello everyone,
I just bought the m-audio fast track pro, everything seemed to install properly and i do get playback out of my speakers.....The problem is i disabled my previous soundcard so the two wouldnt conflict, and now i have no volume controls on my pc. When i open up soundforge to do my recording, there is no signal.
What in the world am i doing wrong?

Any help will be greatly apprecciated! thank you

meed
unregistered
posted March 10, 2006 07:58 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

hi i bought the 'fast track pro' and the input is very low. i will contact tech support. but it's way better than my pc's soundcard

meed
unregistered
posted March 10, 2006 08:00 AMeditreply w/quoteIP

Did anyone else have a very low signal for voice or instrument? on Fast Track Pro

Your reply:

Name, password, icon:    without smilies

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 · next  (print, search)

Search · New topic · Post Reply
close · move · delete · merge
to favorites · print · search · email
Hop to:  

www.RightMark.orgRightMark Audio Analyzer (RMAA)D3D RightMark (D3D RM)CPU RightMark (CPU RM)

Copyright © rightmark.org, 2001-2004
Development and technical support: MN, © 2000-2003